It’s been a long time since the last salty recipe on the blog. Somehow I am more challenged by desserts and I have the impression that you are more interested in sweet recipes than salty ones. But then I put a photo of the curry and everyone suddenly wants a recipe, which is a really pleasant surprise. That’s why today I decided to make a very special type of curry – vegan curry recipe with coconut milk.
Curry is one of the dishes that I occasionally crave, because it is so rich in flavors and warming energy that the body simply seeks some comfort in it. By the way, curry comes from Indian cuisine and the name itself has three different meanings.
It refers to a spice or spice blend called curry powder, a curry leaf, or a curry dish that is cooked in many cultures and parts of the world. It is difficult to find a specific definition and ingredients of this dish, but today curry is a dish with a richly spicy sauce cooked with meat and / or vegetables.
It is usually eaten with rice, but it can also be eaten with mint, roti or bread. There are many blends of curry powder to spice up this dish but most commonly include coriander, cumin, turmeric, ginger and cloves. This vegan curry is not only delicious but extra healthy as it contains coconut milk which is lactose free, has anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties and reduces stomach ulcers!
Curry is usually very easy to prepare, especially vegan which requires only slightly shorter cooking. The creamy texture of this dish is given by boiled lentils and coconut milk. Rich in flavor and nutrients will surely satisfy you in these winter days.
And now, the recipe!
Vegan Curry Recipe With Coconut Milk
If you have any questions for this vegan curry with coconut milk recipe, you can always let me know in the comments below – and to get started, follow my instructions.
Vegan Curry With Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 head yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cm ginger root
- 2 carrots
- 2 smaller potatoes
- 2 cups water or vegetable stock
- 2 cups frozen wok vegetable mixture: zucchini, beans, sugar beans, young corn (can be replaced with fresh vegetables)
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- Start preparing this vegan curry recipe with coconut milk by washing the rice and putting it to boil with two cups of water. When it has boiled, reduce the heat, add salt and cover and cook for 30 minutes. In the meantime, make curry.
- Finely chop the onion, garlic and ginger. Carrots for months, and potatoes into smaller cubes. Wash the lens.
- Saute garlic in oil and add onion and ginger. Simmer briefly until soft, add curry powder and mix. Add sliced carrots, potatoes and washed lentils and add water.
- Bring to the boil and reduce the heat to medium and cook covered for 10 minutes. Then add the wok vegetable mixture, coconut milk and salt and pepper.
- Cook for another 10 minutes until the excess liquid evaporates. Taste and add spices as needed.
- Serve with rice and sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and, if desired, toasted sesame seeds.
- Your coconut milk vegan curry is ready to be served!
Thank you so much for reading my vegan curry with coconut milk recipe ❤️
If you make this recipe, let me know your impressions and tag me on social media if you post photos. Thanks ❤️
Let me know if you have any questions or thoughts in the comments below, rate my recipe if you’d liked it, and as always, I’m sending much love and sweetness to you!❤️