I think my chickpea omelette without nutritional yeast recipe is perfect to start spring mornings. Apart from saturating you, the variations with vegetables are various. Writing this I can only imagine how it will go perfectly with asparagus and spring onions and served with fresh radishes. Yummy!
Chickpea flour gives a great texture for making pancakes without eggs or as a substitute for eggs in a vegan “omelet”. Chickpeas are also rich in protein and this recipe is great for breakfast or dinner. The flour must be as fine as wheat flour and not lumpy. You can find it in health food stores.
Comparably, leeks are a great add on for your chickpea omelette because of their sweet, oniony flavor that adds depth to blandness of chickpeas. This veggie seems humble, but there’s so much that it can do!
My recommendation is to eat this omelette warm as soon as you make it. That’s how it tastes best!
Leek Chickpea Omelette Without Nutritional Yeast
My chickpea omelette with leeks and without nutritional yeast is healthy and nutritious. To get started, follow my instructions below.
Chickpea Omelette Without Nutritional Yeast
- 6 tbsp chickpea flour
- 16 tbsp water
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 2-3 finely chopped leaks
- spices as desired dry chives, dill, etc.
- extra virgin olive oil to coat the pan
- Mix flour and spices and gradually add water until you get a mixture similar to American pancakes (slightly thicker than for ordinary pancakes). You may not need to use up all the water so add it gradually.
- Add finely chopped leeks to the mixture and mix well.
- Add the mixture to the prepared, oiled pan and the heated pan (preferably use a pan with a non-stick bottom) and flatten with a spatula.
- Bake over medium heat for about 1 minute on each side (carefully turn the omelette).
- Voila! Your chickpea omelette without nutritional yeast is ready to be served!
Thank you so much for reading my chickpea omelette without nutritional yeast recipe recipe ❤️
Let me know if you have any questions or thoughts in the comments below, rate my recipe if you’d liked it, and as always, I’m sending much love and sweetness to you!❤️